Inca Jungle 4 Days / 3 Nights
|Easy - Medium||4350 m / 14,270 ft|
Season : Year Round
Departure Dates : Every day
Prices Start at : $420.00
Minimum : 4
Day 1: Cusco – Santa Maria
We pick you up from your hotels and drive through the Sacred Valley and to Malaga High Pass (4350m / 14,270ft). From there we will have a safety briefing and begin on mountain bikes down to the jungle. In the afternoon, we will arrive at the jungle village Santa Maria (1,500 m/4,950 ft). We will camp at Santa Maria.
Day 2: Santa Maria – Santa Teresa
We begin the day early and hike through jungle highland. On our hike we will be able to observe beautiful landscapes, local people, and native plants and animals. In the afternoon we will arrive at our campsite for the day, Santa Teresa.
Day 3: Santa Teresa – Aguas Calientes
After a four to six hour walk in the morning, we arrive at the train station to take us to Aguas Calientes. We spend Night 3 in Aguas Calientes in a hotel.
Day 4: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Cusco
Early in the morning we will begin to walk to Machu Picchu. A walking tour (approximately 2 hours) is given by your guide and after this you can explore the mysterious city by yourselves. If you still have energy, you can also climb Huayna Picchu (2,720 m/8,923 ft). It takes 45 minutes to reach the top of Huayna Picchu.
You will later meet your guide in Aguas Calientes (it can be reached by bus or on foot) for lunch (this lunch not included in the cost of the trek) and to receive your train tickets back to Cusco. The price of the train included in all tours is the Expedition (to Ollanta). Once you arrive in Ollanta, a bus will take you back to Cusco.
Trek Price Includes:
- Transfer from your hotel to the bus terminal
- Local Bus to Santa María or biking point
- Bikes and Safety Equipment
- 3 Breakfast, 3 Lunches and 3 Dinners
- 3 Nights Accomodations (Santa Maria, Santa Teresa and Aguas Calientes)
- An Experienced, bilingual “Adventure Guide”
- Entrance to Machu Picchu
- Guided Tour of Machu Picchu
- Train tickets to return to Cusco
- Last lunch in Machu Picchu
- Entrance to Hot Springs
- Bus from Machu Picchu.
Recommended Items To Bring:
- Day Pack
- Good trekking shoes or boots
- Rain poncho (or Rain Jacket)
- Bathing Suit, Sandals and towels
- Insect repellent
- T-Shirts and Shorts
- Sun block, Sun glasses and hat
- Flashlight (headlamps are useful)
- Toiletries (including toilet paper)
- Personal Medicine
- Cash in local currency (Peruvian Soles) for tips
*To qualify as a student, it is necessary to have a valid ISIC card. Please scan and email us a copy at the time of booking.
If desired, the train back to Cusco can be upgraded to Vistadome (+$20)
Prices for 2013:
|Number of People||2||3||4||5||6-10|
|Price per Person ($ USD)||X||X||$420||$400||$380|
Cusco Native is a company comprised of certified and licensed local tour guides. All tours booked with Cusco Native are led and staffed by Cusco Native employees. We will never pass you onto another tour company for your trek. We are a local company with professional employees and guides who are knowledgeable in all of the main (like the Inca Trail) and alternative (like Lares, Salkantay,Choquekirao to Machu Picchu) treks.
In the event of a cancellation we need to be informed in writing. Cancellation charges plus forfeiture of the non-refundable deposit will be applied as shown below calculated from the day written notification is received by Cusco Native.
Our cancellation table is as follows:
|Days Prior to Start of Trek||Percentage Lost of Total Trek Price|
|29 to 22||60%|
|21 to 9||80%|
|8 to 0||100%|
In the event of partial cancellations, the remaining passenger may have to pay any remaining charges (e.g. single room supplements or double-occupancy).
- Inca Trail 2 Days / 1 Night
- Classic Inka Trail 4 Days / 3 Nights
- Salkantay Trek 5 Days / 4 Nights
- Lares - Machu Picchu 4 Days/3 Nights
- Huchuy Qosqo Trek 2 Days + 1 Day Machu Picchu
- Ausangate 7 Days / 6 Nights
- Choquequirao Trek 4 Days / 3 Nights
- Choquequirao - Machu Picchu 8 Days/7 Nights
- Inca Jungle 4 Days / 3 Nights
- Horseback Adventure Full Day
- Salkantay and Inca Trail to Machu Picchu 7 Days / 6 Nights