Inca Trail 2 Days / 1 Night
If you are short on time (or energy) you can still enjoy the highlights of the Inca Trail. You can visit the most beautiful site on the Inca Trail, Wiñay Wayna, and arrive at Machu Picchu in only two days!
Note: The difficulty of this trek is considered medium, but it also depends very much on your fitness level and acclimatization.
Season : March-January
Departure Dates: On Request
Prices Start at : $440.00 USD
Minimum : 2 Trekkers
Day 1: Wiñay Wayna - Machu Picchu
We pick you up from your hotel at 3:40 AM (depending on the train schedule) and take you to the train station. We travel by train, on a very picturesque route for two and a half hours, to kilometer 104 – the start of the trail for us. We then have a walk of approximately four hours up to the Inca site of Wiñay Wayna/Forever Young (2,680 m/8,792 ft), the most impressive site on the Inca Trail.
We will then continue on to Inti Punku/Sun Gate (2,730 m/8,792 ft) from where you will have your first dramatic, panaromic view of Machu Picchu (2,400 m/7,873 ft). We will walk down the last part of the trail towards the ancient city itself. Before reaching Machu Picchu, we will take a side path off the trail to descend to the town of Aguas Calientes. In Aguas Calientes we will have dinner and rest. Machu Picchu will be toured on Day 2.
Day 2: Machu Picchu Tour
We have breakfast and then take the first bus at 6:00 AM to Machu Picchu. A walking tour (approximately 2 hours) is given by your guide and after this you can explore the mysterious city by yourselves. If you still have energy, you can also climb Huayna Picchu (2,720 m/8,923 ft). It takes 45 minutes to reach the top of Huayna Picchu.
You will later meet your guide back in Aguas Calientes (it can be reached by bus or on foot) for lunch (this lunch not included in the cost of the trek) and to receive your train tickets back to Cusco.
If desired, an extra night in Aguas Calientes can be arranged. This option is very popular as it allows more time to explore Machu Picchu. You can also go to the thermal springs in the town - a real treat after finishing the trail.
Trek Price Includes:
- Professional, bilingual tour guide
- Round-trip train ticket to and from Sacred Valley (Vistadome service)
- Entrance fee to Inca Trail and Machu Picchu
- Day 1 box-lunch to be carried by each trekker, Dinner in Aguas C. ( on day 2 lunch in Aguas Calientes are not included)
- Round-trip bus ticket on day 2 from Aguas Calientes town to Machu Picchu
- 1 night accommodation in Aguas Calientes (hot showers, private bath, and breakfast included)
- Oxygen bottle
- First aid kit
Note: The hotel in Aguas Calientes is Imperio Machu Picchu Hotel *** (hot showers + private bath + breakfast) or similar amenities; this can be upgraded if desired.
What You Need to Bring:
- Original passport (and *International Student card (ISIC), if applicable)
- Travel insurance (strongly recommended but not required)
- Walking boots
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho
- Comfortable trousers
- Sun hat
- Sun protection cream (SPF 35+ recommended)
- Insect repellent
- Re-usable plastic or metal water container or a hydration pack such as Camelbak
- Toiletries (including toilet paper)
- Personal medication
- Flashlight (headlamps are useful)
- Cash in local currency (Peruvian Soles) to purchase items along the trail and tips for porters
*To qualify as a student, it is necessary to have a valid ISIC card. Please scan and email us a copy at the time of booking.
Optional Items to Bring:
- Walking sticks or trekking poles. Trekking poles used on the Inca Trail are required to have rubber tips.
- Bandages or moleskin
- Bathing suit for Aguas Calientes hot springs
- Entrance fee to Aguas Calientes hot springs
Prices for 2014:
|Number of People||2||3||4||5||6-10|
|Price per Person ($ USD)||$440||$420||$400||$380||$360|
Cusco Native is a company comprised of certified and licensed local tour guides. All tours booked with Cusco Native are led and staffed by Cusco Native employees. We will never pass you onto another tour company for your trek. We are a local company with professional employees and guides who are knowledgeable in all of the main (like the Inca Trail) and alternative (Lares to Machu Picchu) treks.
In the event of a cancellation we need to be informed in writing. Cancellation charges plus forfeiture of the non-refundable deposit will be applied as shown below calculated from the day written notification is received by Cusco Native.
Our cancellation table is as follows:
|Days Prior to Start of Trek||Percentage Lost of Total Trek Price|
|29 to 22||60%|
|21 to 9||80%|
|8 to 0||100%|
In the event of partial cancellations, the remaining passenger may have to pay any remaining charges (e.g. single room supplements or double-occupancy).
- Inca Trail 2 Days / 1 Night
- Classic Inka Trail 4 Days / 3 Nights
- Salkantay Trek 5 Days / 4 Nights
- Lares - Machu Picchu 4 Days/3 Nights
- Huchuy Qosqo Trek 2 Days + 1 Day Machu Picchu
- Ausangate 7 Days / 6 Nights
- Choquequirao Trek 4 Days / 3 Nights
- Choquequirao - Machu Picchu 8 Days/7 Nights
- Inca Jungle 4 Days / 3 Nights
- Horseback Adventure Full Day
- Salkantay and Inca Trail to Machu Picchu 7 Days / 6 Nights